The good news? There are so many gorgeous beaches and vacation hot spots in Spain, your family will have an amazing holiday in the sun. The bad news? The endless options may give you a headache just trying to narrow down your options for your perfect destination. Where are the best places for value, food, fun and sun, and the best place for walking holidays? Luckily for you, we’ve done all of the hard work and selected the six most perfect holiday spots for your sunny holiday with your family. Listed below are the top six vacation spots to spend a week or two with your family whilst in Spain!
- Marbella, Costa del Sol– Regardless what you like to do, Marbella is a perfect spot to vacation for a few days, or a few weeks. The coast has a stretch of sand that is perfect to dig your feet into in the early morning and not get up until the sun goes down. There are several beach clubs which offer watersports- parasailing, jet skis, paddleboard lessons- you name it. There are also multiple tennis courts to get your family active while in Spain, or even a few beginner lessons for the kids!
- Playa Blanca, Lanzarote- Do you like golden sand beaches? If so- this is the place for you! This gem of a city is in southern Spain and is a great getaway for families with crystal blue waters and a photogenic coastline. It is also a prime location for day-trips, with options to take a ferry to Fuerteventura or hop in the car for an hour’s drive to Papagayo beaches.
- Costa Calama, Fuerteventua- If you and your family enjoy being active on your holiday, Costa Calama is the perfect place to visit! While Costa Calama has been a top destination since the 1970s, it is getting more and more popular with adventurists, as it offers surfing, kite boarding, wind surfing, cycling and diving! While there are plenty of options for big, brand name hotels and resorts, there are also plenty of options for boutique guesthouses, which have all the charm!
- Es Pujols, Formentera- This laid back island is south of Ibiza and the perfect place for some downtime with your family. Your kids will never be bored with all the activities going on around the island- bird watching, hiking, kayaking, diving and windsurfing. If sports aren’t your thing and you’re just looking to relax, Es Pujols is also a great option. There is crystal clear water and white sand, so bring a great book and we guarantee you won’t be ready to leave!
- Playa del Ingles, Gran Canaria- This list wouldn’t be complete without including Playa del Ingles! This is a great place for a laid back vacation as the city still had a 1960s vibe! There are seven miles of honey colored sand, which ends into beautiful sand dunes at the southern end. Make sure to grab dinner at the Bohemia Suites and Spa- there is a rooftop restaurant that overlooks that sand dunes and can’t be missed!
- West Coast Cantabria- Choose any resort or guesthouse along the fifty kilometer coastline and you won’t be disappointed. While you’re in the sea, you can look up and sea miles and miles of meadows along the coastline, sprinkled with little fishing towns here and there. Because most of the coast lies within the protected natural park land, there are pristine beaches to be discovered at a stone’s throw away. Make sure to check out the accommodation plus transportation packages offered by Brittany Ferries!
There you have it! The top six holiday destinations in Spain. Have a think about what your family is looking to get out of your holiday- total relaxation, adventure or nature, but stress not! Whichever city you choose, you’ll be sure to enjoy it.
Susan Brown writes for http://earlyretirement.ie/ a company in Ireland that helps people access their deferred pension benefits early.